Darksiders Genesis is a top-down hack and slash action role-playing video game developed by American studio Airship Syndicate and published by THQ Nordic. The game was released for Stadia and Microsoft Windows on 5 December 2019, and was released on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on 14 February 2020. It is considered a spin-off prequel game in the Darksiders series and introduces the fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse, Strife, as the protagonist. Strife can also team up with his brother, War. Upon release, the game received positive reviews, with many reviewers praising the combat.
– Blast angels and demons as the gunslinging Horseman Strife, playable for the first time
– Swap between the powerful swordsman War and Strife instantly in frenetic, single-player gameplay
– Explore the epic world of Darksiders and wreak havoc with a friend in two-player cooperative mode
– Experience a brand new story campaign that takes place before the original Darksiders, exploring the origin of the Seven Seals
– Grow in strength and power as you collect items, abilities, weapon enhancements, creature cores and more