“Today is another typical day in Gleaner Heights. I got up, went to the general store, bought some seeds, planted them. Cooked some spaghetti bolognese, went out to chop wood. Milked my cows, fed them too. Got in my boat, went underwater with my diving suit. Found a cave entrance, fought a giant crab, grabbed some treasure. Got back up, went to the showroom for a drink. I think the hotel owner’s daughter is throwing funny glances at me. I shouldn’t have gifted her that boot I fished out the other day…”
– Play as a male or female character.
– Over 30 villagers with their own schedules, habits, likes and dislikes.
– Extended farming mechanics with over 40 different crops.
– Animals like chickens and cows, as well as a horse. Extended sub-mechanics include growing mushrooms in a mysterious cave, or breeding silkworms.
– Extended crafting system with lots of recipes, from fences to explosive arrows to cheese makers.
– Cooking with over 110 recipes.
– Complete town upgrade projects. Have your very own boat and explore the river and waterfall, and even explore underwater with your diving suit!
– Romantic interests and marriage.
– Day/night cycle, seasons, and weather system.
– Skills, perks and equipment (clothing) with set bonuses.
– Tool upgrades and mining.
– Fishing! Over 40 fishes populate various water bodies around the town and in underground lakes.
– Town events and festivals.
– Main plot with different “endings”.
– Explore and discover hidden areas and dungeons.
– Surprisingly fluid combat for a game of this genre, with players being able to charge their tool attacks while moving, roll, dash, perform power attacks etc.